Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- A team of Chinese scientists has invented a new plastic made from salmon sperm and vegetable oil which could be the most environmentally friendly version yet.
- The world’s first floating city will be built off the coast of South Korea by 2025 to explore ways for humanity to survive rising sea levels.
- Space-based solar power offers hope to achieve a zero-carbon future by harvesting the sun’s light and beaming it back to earth as electricity.
- A 3-D printed ‘living ink’ made from bacterial cells has been developed as the first of its kind to respond to its environment by releasing anti-cancer drugs or capturing nearby toxins.
- Robots installed with AI-equipped cameras are now able to read an individual’s subtle facial changes to detect whether they are telling a truth or a lie.
- Camouflage materials using infrared technology to shine an infrared torch on an object to match its surroundings is in the final stages of testing.
- Deep-learning algorithms can now predict a protein’s 3D shape from its linear sequence which could have considerable benefits for biological and medical research.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...