Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- An all-female, Finnish health tech company is developing a stem cell treatment that can regenerate cells in the cornea, potentially curing certain types of blindness caused by burns or trauma which are presently untreatable.
- The NHS has announced a large-scale trial across England to test a new blood test which detects over fifty difficult-to-find cancers before symptoms appear, by identifying fragments of DNA shed from the tumours in the bloodstream.
- Researchers are potty training cows so that they regularly use a latrine which captures their waste before it turns into nitrous oxide, reducing their carbon footprint.
- With paint being the second largest source of microplastics in the ocean due to corroding industrial structures in the ocean, a Norwegian company has designed a vacuum that will catch the old paint and blast materials before they enter the ocean.
- SpaceX’s Inspiration4 mission has been launched, sending four amateur astronauts into space to complete their private mission to orbit.
- A global study of more than 10,000 young people aged 16-25 has found that a perceived failure from governments and nations on climate action is leading to cases of distress, anxiety, and fear.
- Liverpool’s new Pandemic Institute has been launched to research the threat of new emerging diseases and prevent future pandemics.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...