Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- At the Tokyo Olympics, an AI-powered robot took three basketball shots in front of millions of people.
- A technology business in St Helens has set up a new social-purpose minibus service that will help improve health outcomes, mental health issues and help people gain employment by providing shuttles to shops, vaccination centres and other activities in the town.
- A Dallas-based education start-up is developing deep-tech AI technology accessible to people with special learning needs.
- For the first time, scientists see light from the other side of a black hole using X-ray echoes and light bending technology.
- A support and companion assistant robot named Mylo will help monitor older people in their homes, allowing them to live independently by helping them take their medication and instigating calls with friends and family.
- Researchers at DeepMind have developed new AI technology which predicts the structure of more than 365,000 proteins, including 20,000 human proteins.
- New robotic surgery technology, inspired by the science-fiction movie ‘Fantastic Voyage’, will revolutionise abdominal surgery.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...