Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories of the week…
- Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit has succeeded in launching its first satellites in space, according to BBC News.
- The Times reveals that a third of Britain’s biggest companies have failed to meet targets to increase the number of women on their boards.
- Scientists in South Africa have identified a new chemical compound that has the potential to kill the malaria parasite before it becomes infectious.
- Edie breaks down six sustainable innovations showcased at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), from circular water systems to a hydrogen-powered, flying sports car.
- Reuters reports that Elon Musk tweeted that he would donate $100 million prize for the development of the “best carbon capture technology”.
- Sifted investigates the companies veering away from gig employment and their quest to find an alternative to the ‘growth at all costs’ model.
- A team of researchers has restored movement in paralysed mice using a promising gene therapy.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...