Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- The COP26 climate summit may have to be postponed for a second time due to the pandemic, according to two government sources.
- Analysis by the Prince’s Trust and HSBC found that young people are bearing the brunt of the economic damage wreaked by Covid-19 and are under-represented in the industries that might begin on the road to recovery.
- Following a review that found that half of Netflix’s carbon emissions came from film production, the company has announced plans to banish diesel generators from film sets, use more virtual production techniques and to adopt a carbon price in its budgeting process.
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published feedback from its call for input on Open Finance, citing the need to address cost of delivery and to establish common standards, with most respondents arguing that open banking needed to be more widely accepted before considering the next step.
- An article in the New Scientist reports the creation of microscopic, living, self-powered and self-healing robots – ‘Xenobots’ – out of frog skin cells, that operate in swarms to complete a task, which might one day be used for biomedical and environmental applications.
- Property finance platform LendInvest has partnered with challenger credit bureau Credit Kudos to streamline underwriting through open banking, enabling LendInvest to make more informed and speedier lending decisions.
- And finally… Easter egg sales have risen to £153m this year, almost 50% higher than 2020. Shoppers have spent £37m on hot cross buns too.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...