Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- Researchers at the University of Exeter have successfully developed a machine learning algorithm that uses AI to detect new dementia cases with up to 92% accuracy.
- The Parker Solar Probe launched by Nasa has become the first spacecraft to officially ‘touch the sun’ by entering the scorching atmosphere of the upper solar layer.
- Nike has purchased a virtual trainer company called RTFKT to expand its footprint in the fast-growing metaverse by producing ‘digital trainers’.
- Plans have been set to transform London’s iconic Grosvenor Square into an ‘urban jungle’ that will provide a 15.5% biodiversity net gain benefit and be the second-largest green space in the city.
- A needle-free trial of the COVID-19 vaccine that could offer ‘wide-ranging protection’ against variants has been successfully developed by scientists at the University of Southampton.
- Whatsapp has begun rolling out their new real-time transfer of encrypted currency function designed to be as easy as sending messages to users across the US.
- Scientists have created a species of jellyfish whose nerve cells light up when they fire a neurone response to aid research into brain function and the nervous system.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...