Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- WIRED UK explores Ohmie the orange lamp, a completely compostable light, made using 3D printing from the peel of three Sicilian oranges.
- A prototype vehicle – the AirCar – that can convert from a car to a small aircraft has completed a key milestone flight, travelling between two international airports in Slovakia in 35 minutes.
- Neil Kadagathur, Founder and CEO of Creditspring, explores the promise of subscription finance in consumer lending, offering a responsible, regulated, and transparent option for creditworthy borrowers.
- Dezeen breaks down ten materials that store carbon, from a carbon-negative bioplastic that can be used in cars, interiors, and cladding, to a specially made vodka, distilled by breaking down carbon dioxide to create ethanol.
- An Italian architect has designed a dissolving ‘skyscraper’ that would naturally disperse vital nutrients and seeds to ravaged forests and burnt ecosystems.
- Lab-grown, human “minihearts” mimic the working heart of a 25-day-old human embryo and could help unravel many mysteries surrounding congenital heart defects and human heart formation.
- As part of a three-week long research project, ‘Pepper the robot’, based at The Mendip School in Somerset, has been taking part in social activities designed to help autistic pupils with their wellbeing.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...