Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- BBC News takes a look at a UK start-up that has plans to build a fusion reactor, based on the reaction that powers the sun, to provide a plentiful source of zero carbon energy, from only a tiny amount of fuel.
- After two months on Mars, NASA’s Perseverance rover split a small amount of the carbon dioxide in the red planet’s atmosphere to produce breathable oxygen.
- A new report predicts what life will look like in 20 years, from connected underground greenhouses to grow food, to drones to call people in for meals.
- Adidas and Allbirds have created the world’s lowest carbon footprint performance running shoe, with less than 3kg per pair – roughly the equivalent of seven miles driven in the average car.
- Musician Imogen Heap has created a collection of six audio-visual non-fungible tokens (NFTs) that are carbon negative.
- NHS England announces a £160 million initiative in which artificial intelligence will be used to decide who gets treated most quickly.
- The Times explores the winning entries of Creative Earth, a nationwide children’s art competition launched last December and open to everyone under 16 in Britain, which will form a display at COP26.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Simplyhealth selects purpose-led Seven Consultancy as PR partner
Leading healthcare solutions provider, Simplyhealth, has selected Seven Consultancy as its PR and comms agency ...
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...