Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- Researchers from Germany’s Fraunhofer Institute for Communication, Information Processing and Ergonomics are developing drones to help rescue workers rapidly find people who are trapped or injured in emergency situations, by following the sound of their screaming.
- An 11-year-old child prodigy has become one of the youngest ever college graduates after obtaining a bachelor’s degree in physics at the University of Antwerp in Belgium, asserting that his goal is to one day make humans immortal.
- A new report looks at how technology and our quest to be more sustainable will change our home lives in 2035, from hydroponic gardens to green developments, made up of 3D printed apartment blocks.
- 27 years after founding Amazon, Jeff Bezos steps down as its CEO.
- Joseph Bentley, a final year product design and technology student at Loughborough University, developed REACT, a potentially life-saving device, currently at the prototype stage, that can rapidly stop catastrophic blood loss from a stab wound by applying pressure to the area.
- Architecture studio SOM and the European Space Agency have created more visuals for Moon Village, a concept for a settlement on the moon made up of inflatable modules that would provide hubs for scientific research.
- The New York Times investigates the A.I. Song Contest, an international competition that explores the use of A.I. in song writing, with a line-up that indicates the potential for the technology to further influence the music industry.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...