Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- Amazon is launching its first household robot, Astro, responsible for helping keep an eye on pets, people, or acting as home security with an inbuilt periscope camera to make lives easier for all.
- To help British farmers grow more sustainable, resistant, and nutritious crops, the Government is supporting gene editing in agriculture, resulting in crops that are less prone to diseases and more resistant to pests.
- Clinical trials are exploring the therapeutic benefits of psychedelics alongside therapy on patients with terminal conditions, mental health, and addiction issues.
- Students at the Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands have developed a completely self-sufficient, solar-powered electric camper van.
- Alongside scientists from Imperial College London, UK drugmaker AstraZeneca is developing new vaccine technology, originally intended for targeting COVID-19, to treat cancer, heart conditions, and other non-infectious diseases and illnesses.
- Finnish scientists have produced the first-ever lab-grown coffee that tastes and smells like the real thing, reducing the amount of deforestation needed to grow coffee plants.
- Computer programs company, DeepMind, has developed a new machine learning model that can predict whether it will rain within the next couple of hours.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...