Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- A new test has been conducted to learn if meat cells can grow in space. The experiment hopes to reduce the food sent up to space, as well as give astronauts a new option for their diet.
- Innocent drinks launched a new environmental stewardship programme with the intention of improving urban biodiversity.
- A vertiport – the landing strip and hub for flying taxis – has opened in Coventry. It hopes to be the blueprint to revolutionise the way people travel across the UK.
- Nesta Challenges has announced the semi-finalists of the Afri-Plastics Challenge – South Africa’s “Captain Fanplastic” was interviewed by Euronews about introducing children to the importance of recycling and keeping plastic waste out of the ocean.
- Morlais Energy has begun work on using tidal currents to produce electricity off the North Wales coast. The kinetic energy of the currents could power over one million homes.
- Meta is opening its first permanent store to give customers the opportunity to learn about and purchase items relating to virtual reality.
- Prince Charles has backed a mask for cows that will neutralise the methane created in their burps, tackling carbon emissions.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...