Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- A new clinical trial testing whether a cannabis-based mouth spray can help treat brain tumours is being administered by the NHS and various cancer charities.
- Edie breaks down the most successful sustainable stories of the week, from Ferrero’s paper-based packaging plan to the world’s most powerful tidal turbine.
- A team of researchers at the University of California, Berkley, studied the leaping abilities of squirrels similar to those of parkour athletes. Now, they hope to apply these findings in nimble artificial intelligence robots.
- Wallbo, a social robot, is helping teach Scottish schoolchildren the importance of handwashing through stories and songs – all delivered in a Scottish accent.
- Software company Phrasee uses AI technology to create advertising campaigns and deep learning to rank the most effective messages for marketing executives.
- An Austrian-based design firm has developed a new zero-emissions electric tricycle that can be 3D printed from plastic waste, removing the need for overseas shipping.
- Google Maps are starting to warn drivers about additional emissions charges when driving through low emission zones in metropolitan cities like Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, London, and Paris.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...