Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- A NASA space telescope has detected the first possible planet outside of the Milky Way Galaxy. The exoplanet, which is roughly the size of Saturn, is roughly 28 million light-years away from Earth.
- Robot linesmen who use a combination of camera and computer technology, as well artificial intelligence, are set to be used in the next football World Cup to automatically detect offsides.
- Facebook has officially changed the name of its parent company to ‘Meta’ in a bid to move past its recent scandals and reflect its future vision for virtual reality.
- The RRS Sir David Attenborough, the UK’s new state-of-the-art polar research ship, is on show at docks across Britain as it makes its way to COP26 in Glasgow.
- Chinese electric vehicle manufacturer, XPeng, has launched a new vehicle capable of flying in the air and driving on roads.
- An Italian ski resort is tackling the impact of climate change on the Presena glacier using a new reflective material called Toptex GLS.
- A team of international scientists have launched Project CETI which harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to communicate with Sperm whales by interpreting the sound of their clicking.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...