Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- New RNA sprays have been created as a new form of pesticide to silence the genes of the weeds and insect pests causing damage to crops.
- The world’s first ‘net positive’ submarine, named the Esmeralda01, is helping to cleanse the seas of microplastic, whilst also transporting international cargo.
- Tiny robots that mimic the movement of a starfish larva are being designed to deliver drugs to specific diseased cells with greater accuracy.
- Google’s newest ‘Pet Portraits’ app uses machine learning to match pets to their art lookalikes.
- The Hellenic Ministry of Culture & Sport has teamed up with Microsoft to digitally recreate Olympia, where the first ever Olympic Games were held in 776 BC.
- Researchers in Japan have created a vaccine that was able to significantly reduce the negative health effects of HIV in monkeys during an early trial.
- A rare, 45-year-old Apple-1 computer built and tested by Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs sold for $400,000 at auction, with the winning bidder paying another $100,000 in fees to the auction house.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...