Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact to bring you seven of our top stories…
- McDonald’s has opened its first wind turbine and solar panel-powered net-zero store in Market Drayton as a blueprint for other UK sites.
- A report has found that Chinese officials used a ‘weather modification system’ to control rainfall on 70,000 participants attending a parade for Xi Jinping by launching silver iodide particles to clear the sky.
- An NFT (non-fungible token) Digital Art piece by the pseudonymous artist ‘Pak’ has broken records for the highest price ever paid for a work by a living artist after being sold for a jaw-dropping £695 million.
- The world’s largest lab-grown and 3D printed steak weighing in at 3.67 ounces has been produced from fat and muscle cells from a living cow.
- Uber has launched new technology that will detect if a driver is taking an unusual route or making prolonged stops in measures to help protect the safety of its riders.
- A plastic-free, vegan and biodegradable chewing gum brand, Nuud, which made its retail debut in the UK in early 2021, has received major funding to expand its ‘Chew Plants Not Plastic’ campaign.
- Elon Musk’s company Neuralink wants to start installing a coin-sized microchip into human brains to stimulate and monitor neuron activity as early as 2022.
Share This Story
Latest From Seven
Why storytelling will remain a – uniquely – human skill
Earwigging on the tube recently, I overheard a conversation between two friends. The first ...
Could crypto-mining spell the end for mudlarking?
If, like me, you enjoy a bit of history, you may be familiar with ...
Seven from Seven: Turning Ocean Vapour Into Drinking Water, And Batteries Made From Trees
Each week, we scour the worlds of innovation, tech for good and social impact ...